Okay, let's try to make this card in a box. It was easier than thought. There is another version of measurements for this type of card but I like this measurements because it is easy to remember. Finished card size is 4" x 5-1/2" that you can mail out in a standard envelope.
Supplies you would need:
- 1/2 sheet of 8-1/2" x 11" cardstock (4-1/4" x 5-1/2")
- 2 pieces of 1-1/2" x 3" cardstock scrap
- 7 pieces of 1-3/4" x 2-1/2" designer series paper of your theme
- 7 or 8 pieces of 1/4" x 3-3/4" transparency film
- embellishments to decorate inside and outside of box
- sentiment of your choice
- liquid glue, glue dots, dimensionals
Score the card base at 2", 4", 6", and 8". Turn it and score at 2-3/4" by skipping the fourth panel. You want to keep this panel straight.
Cut the scored lines of top part only. Trim off the 1/2" tab at the end.
Fold the scored lines. Glue the tab and put both ends together.
* Completed box.
Cover the outside of box with 7 pieces of designer series papers.
* Completed box with designer series papers.
Score 2 pieces of 1-1/2" x 3" cardstock scrap at 1/2" from the both ends.
Fold the both ends toward the same direction. I like it better than Z fold.
Glue the both ends and put it inside of box. I glued up to 1/4" lower than the top. I noticed that the glue is coming up when you press it and you get sticky fingers.
* Completed box with two divider inserts.
Get things to assemble and decorate inside and outside of box. Use glue dots to stick embellishments on to transparency film. Decide the height of each embellishment and place it in to the dividing inserts by using glue dot.
* You are DONE!
I think this would be a fun surprise card for the recipients on every occasions such as birthday, congratulations, thank you, etc.
Thanks for stopping by!